Olentangy Swim Association – Pool Rules and Regulations
AGE FOR ADMISSION
- Children less than 13 yrs old must be accompanied by a person 16 years or older.
- Children 13 yrs and older, who are members of the pool, may attend by themselves.
- Children 13-15 yrs old, who are members of the pool, are permitted to bring in only 1 guest unless accompanied by a member 18 years or older. If behavior issues require us to contact a guardian, they will lose the right to bring any guests unless accompanied by an adult.
- The Board has zero tolerance of violent, verbally abusive, disruptive or inappropriate behavior by its patrons toward staff or other pool patrons. Any instance of such behavior may result in your pool membership being revoked.
- For the safety of our members, 10 minute swim breaks occur at 50 minutes after the hour (except 11:50am). Only adults 18 yrs or older may be in the pool during breaks.
- Only Coast Guard approved floatation devices are allowed. No “water wings” or inflatable floats.
- Children wearing floatation devices must stay in the zero-entry area, or be within arms reach of an accompanying adult
- Swim diapers are required for children who are not toilet trained.
- In accordance with Health Department regulations, diapers must be changed in the restroom (not on the pool deck).
- Running, dunking, wrestling, holding anyone under water, or shoving or throwing others into the pool are not permitted
- Do not talk to the guards on duty. Guards are to be listened to at all times.
- Skates/Skateboard/Bicycles are not permitted in pool area.
- The pool is a non-smoking facility
- All trash must be placed in provided receptacles.
- Swimmers should stay away from lane lines and ropes.
- Diving from the sides of the the pool is prohibited.
- Visitors are responsible for any damage to the pool premises caused by themselves,
their families, or their guests. The Association is not responsible for the loss
or theft of, or damage to, personal property or vehicles of visitors, their families, or guests.
- All persons using the pool do so at their own risk. The Association will not be responsible for any injury, accident, or damage in connection with such use. All injuries, accidents, or damage should be reported immediately to the pool manager on duty.
- Anyone using the diving boards must be able to swim two widths of the pool.
- Only one person may be on the board at one time
- No inward dives
- No running on diving boards
- Swimmers are not permitted to catch others diving or jumping off of diving boards .
- In order for a child to use the water slide, they must be 48 inches tall or be able to swim 25 meters without touching. Approval is at the Lifeguard Manager’s discretion.
- Riders must go down the slide feet first.
- Only one rider is allowed on the slide at a time (no “doubles”).
- All flotation devices and goggles are prohibited on the slide.
- Users shall exit the landing area immediately after use of the slide.
- Users shall obey attendants at all times.
- No swimming or catching riders is permitted under the slide area.
Failure to comply with pool rules may result in removal from the pool. Multiple non-compliance may result in revoking of membership.